From such unpleasant phenomena as sciatica, can anyone suffer, even if the specific health problems in humans there. Sciatic nerve is the longest in the human body: it begins in the area of the back, passing through the coccyx, pelvis and back surface of both legs, reaches down to the feet. When he was kindled, one is inevitably feel.
Why is evident and as sciatica?
Sciatica is called sciatica. Pain that occurs is distributed not only across, but also on foot.
The main causes inflammation of doctors include the following:
- Displacement of intervertebral disc, full or partial.
- The formation of growths on the spine, narrowed intervertebral canal.
- Damage to organs or pelvic muscles due to injury, heavy exercise.
- Hypothermia sciatic nerve.
- The presence of tumors.
The main symptom of sciatica – sharp and severe pain in the lower back and extremities, which often localized to one side of the body. On the opposite hand man experiencing some numbness, which alternates with tingling. Although sometimes hurt both legs.
In its intensity and pain is different: first is weak, then increases, especially at night. The pain can be very strong.
Also there is a violation of the knee joint mobility and feet, easing neurological reflexes, increased pain intensity when trying to raise the straightened leg up.
What if the sciatic nerve to be angry?
If there are some signs of sciatica should consult a doctor. These diseases deals with a neurologist or surgeon, he will examine and prescribe treatment. Help confirm the diagnosis assessment of symptoms the patient radiography supine and standing MRI.
Urgent consultation is needed in case of:
- high body temperature;
- the appearance of redness and swelling on the back;
- pain spreading to new parts of the body;
- severe numbness in the pelvis, thighs, legs;
- the appearance of a burning sensation during urination.
Treating sciatica involves the following factors:
- Bed rest. In acute pain person should lie on the bed with a hard mattress, limit their physical activity.
- The use of medications. In such cases, usually assigned non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, vitamins, antispasmodics. Also helping ointments and gels that reduce expression of pain.
- Physical therapy measures. Refers warming compresses, heating, electricity and phonophoresis.
- Massage. It is used when acute pain is already beginning to recede. Massage increases the conductivity of the damaged nerve, improves blood circulation, prevents malnutrition muscles.
- Surgical treatment. Sometimes conservative therapy is not effective, the pain becomes chronic, makes life simply unbearable. Sciatica also can affect the malfunction of organs. In such cases, the patient is recommended surgery.
Sciatica – a disease that requires mandatory consultation with a doctor. The pain of it can be very strong, spread to a large area of the body, and people need urgent treatment.