Allergology

Allergic to alcohol: why is there as shown?

Allergy is not only on food or flowers of certain plants, but also on such controversial and harmful for many alcohol. Why is this happening and how to avoid such allergic reactions?

What you need to know about allergies to alcohol?

Allergic to alcoholic drinks is becoming increasingly common. Although not only alcohol Allergy is very common, and it cannot be ignored. It indicates problems in the body, especially the immune system.
Allergic to alcohol – it’s domestic, inaccurate wording, because the allergen is one of the components of an alcoholic beverage. In addition, you should consider the fact that the blood can do and other allergens for the harm that alcohol caused in the body.

Thus, the allergenic component in the strong drink can be anything: dyes in cheap wines, stabilizers, flavors and the like. Basically we are talking about cheap, low-quality alcohol.

So it is not necessary to drink to avoid allergic reactions? Threat components can be liqueurs, mulled wine, various alcoholic beverages. However, not only cheap colored drinks can be dangerous. Alcohol greatly affects the pancreas, and it can’t adequately digest the foreign proteins. The result is an allergic reaction. Of course, this phenomenon is absolutely unique: an Allergy occurs in a few people, but its consequences can be severe. So before you consume the drink, which has never been tried, remember that you have to start with a small amount of it and carefully observe the reaction of your body.

What to do in case of allergic attack?

Symptoms of Allergy to alcohol include:

  • redness of the skin, it can be covered with large red spots;
  • swelling of any part of the body;
  • rashes;
  • itching of the skin;
  • weakness;
  • lowering blood pressure;
  • shortness of breath;
  • cramps;
  • loss of consciousness.

If an attack occurs, you should immediately call an ambulance. While doctors go, it is necessary to provide first aid to the victim. This gastric lavage, then it is possible to drink anti-inflammatory drug. If you have any breathing problems, help can come Antiasthmatic inhaler, if available.

You should know that allergic to alcohol can take very severe forms and even lead to death. The result is angioedema, urticaria, anaphylactic shock, which can die in a matter of minutes, and the like.

Should distinguish between the allergic to alcohol and overdose. After the first can arise from drinking only a few SIPS of the drink, which is composed of allergic substances. When man knows no measure and drink very much, leading to fatal consequences, is a basic overdose. Although allergies can develop over time when the body is not able to absorb harmful substances and begins to distinguish them as alien. But it is not required of an allergic reaction, but only one of the variants of development of events.

To warn allergic reaction to alcohol, you should avoid eating cheap, questionable quality of alcoholic beverages, soft drinks. This is especially true of teenagers and College students, who often have no funds for high-quality alcohol. They need to conduct information campaigns about possible allergic reactions to certain components in such drinks. And, of course, not to abuse the alcohol that the body continued to react to it adequately.

Tags