In the spring, especially if she is cold and unpredictable as this year, can’t wait to warm up under the sunlight. However, unfortunately, for some people the summer and the sun bring no joy, because they represent the particular very unpleasant type of Allergy.
Allergic to the sun, or photodermatitis – a disease caused by increased sensitivity of the skin to direct sunlight. According to statistics, about 20% of people worldwide suffer from this disease. It’s a real disease because of allergic component in the sun is not, however, an unusual reaction of the skin to UV radiation used to call it allergies.
Symptoms of an Allergy to the sun
The main manifestations of Allergy in the sun are the following:
- inflammation and redness of certain skin areas;
- peeling of the skin;
- intense itching and burning of the affected areas;
- rash, sometimes in the form of pustules.
Often these reactions manifest gradually, not immediately after skin contact with UV rays, unlike burns.
- An increased risk of developing an Allergy to the sun have such categories of persons:
- People with fair skin.
- Pregnant women.
- Small children.
- People who have recently taken antibiotics.
- People with hereditary predisposition to allergies in the sun.
- Fans of tanning beds.
Why you may be allergic to the sun?
The causes of this disease are not fully understood, but there are a number of foods that can cause increased sensitivity to the sun. Mango, lime juice, parsnips, celery, carrots, rice, parsley, all kinds of citrus. So before going to the beach, you should refrain from the use of oranges, tangerines and the like. The most actively expressed in this question the factor of heredity, so if a family has cases of Allergy to the sun, is with increased attention to this issue.
Prevention of Allergy to the sun
Unfortunately, effective methods of prevention of Allergy in the sun a little. If there is a problem, it should learn to live, because just one wrong act can lead to unpleasant and sometimes serious consequences.
So, if the skin is so sensitive to the sun, forget about the tan. At lunch time is to be outside only in shade under a canopy or umbrella. It is better not to leave the premises during the period of greatest solar activity – 11:00 to 16:00.
To protect your skin you need all the time. This will help wear hats made of natural fabrics: flax, cotton.
It is also worth to remember about sunscreen with high sun protection, apply to skin every 2 hours while staying on the street. The cream should be protected from UVBтаUVAпроменів, this will be written on the tube.
And of course if allergic to the sun, in this case, it is absolutely contraindicated trips to resorts, where the sun is particularly active.
Before going to the beach, doctors recommend:
- Do not use perfumes, moisturizers. They contain alcohol, and it can provoke burns.
- Apply sunscreen as often as possible. However, you should not take this remedy on fat-based, it can trigger allergies. It is better to choose hypoallergenic spray with a protective SPF factor.
- You should not choose water-resistant protection from the sun – it clogs the pores through which the skin may be covered with ulcers. It is better to choose a tool based on water-soluble.
How to relieve symptoms of Allergy to the sun
If Allergy does occur, it is better to immediately consult the doctor. If this is not possible (because of being in a deserted area, for example), you should use these tips:
- To help the skin with special lotions: ice, chilled dairy products, tea infuser.
- Use special creams after sun exposure. They have panthenol, which soothes and regenerates the skin.
- To adopt proven and safe antihistamin drugs.
A sun Allergy is an unpleasant illness which we need to learn to live. If you follow all the recommendations of its manifestations will not be as venomous and dangerous.