August is the month that gives us a lot of fresh honey, healthy and tasty natural product. And, despite all the positive effects that the med may exercise on the human organism, it sometimes even is an allergen. And although Allergy to honey is suffering less than 1% of the population, there’s always a chance to get to this small number. So be careful, eating honey, and know all the possible scenarios.
Why and when occurs Allergy to honey?
Allergy to honey is the body’s response to pollen contained this product. So, in fact, develops not allergic to honey, namely pollen, and one species of honey a person can perceive normally and the other does not. Therefore, it is important to understand the reaction went to sunflower, buckwheat or other variety of honey.
Allergies can occur for the following reasons:
- Violation of technological process of pumping honey, with the result that the product is exposed to pollen.
- Treatment of bees with antibiotics and other medications.
- Getting to honey chemical residues that are used for the treatment of hives.
- Failure to comply with elementary sanitary norms on the content of the hives and during pumping honey.
- Excessive use of honey. Useful dose is 150 g per day, anything more does not bring benefit and harm.
Most often the allergic to honey suffering asthmatics, patients on allergic rhinitis and other allergies.
Symptoms of honey Allergy
Allergy to pollen contained in honey, can manifest the following symptoms:
- Rashes on the skin, redness of the skin, nababagay, pimples.
- The sore throat.
- Shortness of breath.
- Breath with a whistle.
- Pain in the lung area.
- A strong cough.
- The secretions from the nose.
- Swelling of throat, lips, tongue.
- Strong lacrimation.
- Redness, swelling of the eyes.
- Nausea, vomiting.
- Pain in the abdomen.
- Hearing loss, stuffy ears.
How to identify the presence of Allergy to honey?
To avoid unpleasant symptoms of allergies, you should check the body’s reaction to honey. This is especially true for children who first use the product. To do this:
- Put it in your mouth a small amount of honey and hold it in the year. If there is unpleasant sensation in the lips and tongue, sore throat, swelling, then there is an allergic reaction to the product. In this case, rinse mouth immediately with plenty of water and to abandon the use of honey of this species.
- Apply a small amount of honey on the inner bend of the arm. The reaction should occur in a few minutes if everything is fine, honey can be eaten.
How to fight Allergy symptoms?
As with other types of allergies should first to avoid contact with the allergen. Should bail not only from honey but also from courses in which it is part. Also do not use cosmetic products that contain honey.
To relieve the symptoms of allergies will help antihistamines, which have to act within 15-20 minutes. If not, you should immediately call an ambulance or to go to a medical facility for emergency treatment.
Another tip is to buy honey from reliable sellers, about the honesty and integrity which you know. Because of low-quality honey may be not only a waste of money, but can lead to serious problems such as an allergic reaction.