Women who gynecologist makes the diagnosis of “cervical dysplasia”, as a rule, immediately start to panic. I hope that this information will be useful for women and perhaps this diagnosis will not cause panic.
Cervical dysplasia is a disease that is characterized by changes of the cells lining lapdogs of the cervix is a precancerous condition.
What causes such changes?
The main factors that directly cause changes in the cervix are chronic inflammatory diseases caused by infections that are transmitted through sexual activity and human papillomavirus (HPV) types 16,18.
The results of cytological analysis
Weakly expressed in dysplasia (СІN I)
Moderately severe dysplasia (СІN II )
Severe dysplasia (СІN III )
The detection of epithelial dysplasia of the cervix patients are required to appoint:
- screening for HIV/AIDS;
- screening for HPV, viral hepatitis and syphilis;
- on readings: screening for the sexually transmitted disease (human papilloma virus, chlamydia, Mycoplasma, Trichomonas, etc.);
- laboratory tests: overall clinical analysis of blood and urine;
- target biopsy, endocervical curettage and separate diagnostic curettage of the cervical canal.
At the diagnosis of Type II it is necessary to survey for infections that are sexually transmitted. Treatment. Follow-up assessment after treatment in 3 months.
After a full examination choose tactics of further treatment.
Treatment depends on the degree of dysplasia, size of the affected area, women’s age and presence of comorbidities:
- anti-inflammatory treatment
- electrocoagulation (cauterization)
- cryotherapy (use of nitrogen)
- the application of laser
- conization (surgical removal of the affected dysplasia of the cervix) or amputation of the entire cervix.
For young women with dysplasia mild use wait tactics, because maybe ambulatornoe treatment. Recommended supervision by a doctor, every 3 months with the examination on Cytology.
In severe dysplasia it is possible to complete amputation (procedure that includes Dinan part of the body) of the cervix.
Cervical dysplasia is really a dangerous diagnosis because it can trigger the development of cervical cancer. But timely detection and treatment of cervical dysplasia minimizes the risk of developing cancer.