One of the main problems of the people of the XXI century – allergic in different forms and manifestations. Allergies affecting up to 20 % of the population. Among some of the most common allergens is the most common dust that makes human life unbearable. After all, dust everywhere, you can’t put yourself in a cocoon.
Allergies to dust
So what are the different types of allergies to dust?
- Allergy to household dust. The most common. The air breathed by people, consists of microscopic particles of dead skin flakes, fabric fibers, mold spores, pollen. Mites that live in dust, mainly are the cause of allergic reactions. Their favorite habitats are bed linen, carpets, upholstered furniture, mattresses.
- Allergic to the book (archive) dust. In places where a large number of books may cause allergens. The fact that the book spines and pages tend to accumulate dust, resulting in these places is mold. This happens when the owner for a long time not to use it, and mold the human eye may not notice. Mold spores cause allergies in many people.
- Allergic to construction dust. Construction dust is composed of many components that can also be allergens. Occurs in places of repair and construction works.
As allergies to dust?
Symptoms of allergies to dust are the same symptoms regardless of the allergen. You wonder if you experience the following symptoms:
- itchy skin and mucous membranes;
- constant runny nose;
- cough, the nature of which is hard to explain;
- recurrent conjunctivitis;
- angioedema in the most severe forms of Allergy where a person is “covered” breath and is a real threat to life.
To determine whether a person is allergic to dust, can only be a doctor based on the results of appropriate allergodil.
How to deal with allergies to dust?
Besides constantly sneezing and coughing just unpleasant, it is also fraught with serious consequences, for example, asthma.
To treat the Allergy to dust is very difficult, of pills from her yet. The main method of dealing with it is to avoid contact with the allergen, in the case of, for example, household dust is very difficult to do. Here’s what you can do:
- to make daily wet cleaning;
- often ventilate the room;
- get rid of carpets, heavy curtains, to minimize the number of upholstered furniture (a sofa or armchair, upholstered in leather);
- forget about Smoking in the house;
- frequently wash the blankets and pillows, airing bedding sets;
- to get rid of all the soft toys in the house;
- periodically rinse the nose with saline that at least the time will wash away the allergens from the mucous.
As for medication, it will help antihistamines and corticosteroids. They relieve Allergy symptoms, however they can not drink, it is necessary to consult with your doctor. The treatment is purely symptomatic because the cause is dust that will not clean for a long time.
Another way of dealing with this problem – allergen-specific immunotherapy. It is very long lasting (lasts on average 2-5 years), expensive, but quite effective. The man in the injection body is injected with the allergen, starting with small doses and gradually increasing them. Thus, there is adaptation of the organism to an allergen.
Dust Allergy is a complex and unpleasant problem that may face anyone. To combat it, it is important to apply a set of systematic actions, by which quite possible to lead an almost normal lifestyle.