Food poisoning is an acute condition which is usually accompanied by digestive disorders. Most often it is caused by the ingestion of pathogenic microorganisms along with the poor quality or expired food or those which have been stored or prepared in violation of existing norms.
It is on over the festive period have a lot of food poisoning, because people eat a lot, make large purchases in the shops, frequent the establishments. And a chance to eat “something” increases. Therefore, it is necessary to know the main symptoms of food poisoning and understand how to deal with it.
The symptoms of food poisoning
The first symptoms of food poisoning can be felt in half an hour after eating poor quality food, but more often they appear after 4-6 hours, sometimes a day. Typical symptoms of food poisoning include:
- Diarrhea. The stool is watery, have a very unpleasant smell, they can notice undigested remnants of food.
- Severe nausea.
- Repeated vomiting.
- Common strengths weakness.
- Dizziness of the head.
- The increase in body temperature.
- Pain and cramping in the stomach.
- Bloating, increased flatulence.
- Intense salivation.
Most of the lead poisoning of low-quality milk and dairy products, cakes with cream, pies, eggs, cooked sausage, stale salads, mayonnaise and sour cream.
First aid for food poisoning
Of course, at the first signs of poisoning it is better to consult a doctor. If this is not possible, the patient should wash out the stomach. For this we need to drink up to 8-10 liters of warm liquid in several steps, causing between vomiting by pressing a finger on the root of the tongue. The procedure is repeated until then, until the water when vomiting is not pure, it will mean that the stomach is already empty.
After gastric lavage drink a sorbent, e.g. activated carbon.
Very important for the patient is in bed and rest, he is exhausted, can sleep a lot.
To prevent dehydration through vomiting and diarrhea, the patient has to drink a lot. Better suited for this special salt solutions, which are sold in the pharmacy. They restore the lost fluid and acid-base balance. If such a solution is no, you can drink regular warm water.
On the first day after poisoning, there is nothing better, then start slowly to eat, but dietary dishes, avoiding pickled, spicy, salty, smoked foods that irritate the gastric mucosa. Carbonated beverages are also prohibited.
To the doctor when necessary?
There are extremely serious food poisoning, which are a real danger to human life. For example, botulism, which occurs due to poisoning from dried fish or poor quality canned food, a lot of people dying. Therefore, there are situations when to the doctor it is necessary, namely:
- The person with digestive disorders present symptoms such as severe headache and pain in the kidneys, liver and other organs.
- The patient has a high temperature and a feeling of suffocation.
- There is a possibility that the poisoning occurred due to consumption of mushrooms, dried fish or canned food.
- Within 2 days is stored vomiting and diarrhea, which is dangerous due to dehydration.
- Symptoms of poisoning persisted for several days and even intensify.
- People lose their sight (this is a sign of botulism).
- Poisoned a small child.
To protect yourself from food poisoning, it is necessary to eat in the checked eating places, buying quality products, properly store them and to cook. Be careful in the issue of food security.