In the hot season increases the risk of developing dermatitis – inflammatory skin disease. High temperatures, exposure to sunlight, an allergic reaction to the pollen of flowering plants, “overdose” summer fruits and berries, especially strawberries, can lead to the appearance of characteristic lesions on the skin. To avoid dermatitis, should be more attentive to their health and heed the advice of dermatologists.
What is dermatitis and what causes the disease
The medical term “dermatitis” combines a variety of skin diseases, which are fuelled by different factors. For example, contact dermatitis occurs after skin contact with any substances irritating it. Allergic dermatitis often provoke flowering summer plants, fruits and berries, as well as foods containing preservatives and food coloring. In summer, inflammation in the skin arise from wearing clothes and shoes made of synthetic materials, contact, jewelry, etc.
Excessive sweating in the heat of the phenomenon is quite common, and in the sweaty contact of skin with metal decorations or synthetic tissue irritation and inflammation begins. In mild dermatitis may experience itching and dry skin. In more severe cases the skin becomes red, scaly, swollen, bubbles, which burst, then form a crust. The danger of such a dermatitis is that the disease may be complicated by bacterial infection.
Who is at risk for the incidence of dermatitis
In addition to allergies, dermatitis can occur in people, often experiencing stress, and hereditary predisposition. If dermatitis is sick one of the parents, the probability of the development of the disease in a child – 25%; if both parents 50%. Predisposition to food Allergy also has a hereditary character.
Dermatitis often occur when problems with the gastrointestinal tract (GIT). The condition as intestinal dysbiosis is a provoking factor in the development of dermatitis. When dysbiosis is changing the composition inhabiting the intestines of micro-organisms: harmful bacteria begin to predominate over beneficial, the intestinal tract is disturbed.
To prevent the occurrence of allergic reactions and dermatitis, you should normalize the intestinal flora, to conduct a thorough examination of the digestive tract. Contribute to the appearance of dermatitis infectious disease, so it is important to strengthen the immune system and treated promptly infections of ENT-organs – sinusitis, tonsillitis, etc.
Prevention of summer dermatitis: focus on hygiene and nutrition
To avoid inflammatory reactions of the skin, dermatologists recommend:
- avoid wearing clothes and shoes made of synthetic fabrics to reduce sweating. When washing clothes and bed linen use the powders marked “hypoallergenic”, carefully rinse things lingerie
- when working in the garden, the garden or with chemicals, wear rubber gloves, protect respiratory organs
- keep your room temperature within 20-22°C
- if irritation occurs on skin, don’t brush this place, do not use perfumes and deodorants, strongly smelling shower gels, hard sponges, etc.
- follow the food: due to allergies eliminate from the diet of red fruit, vegetables and berries, citrus fruits, chocolate, spices, smoked products, honey, etc.
- wear sunscreen, glasses, headgear to protect from ultraviolet radiation
- if skin rash persists and increases, the itching, consult a dermatologist. Self-treatment can only do harm, because an accurate diagnosis can only specialist.