In may and then in early summer on the streets of our cities flies thick “snowfall” from poplar fluff. And at this time, Allergy sufferers have not sweet: red eyes, tears, sneezing, a bad cold – all symptoms of Allergy to feathers, flying in the air. How to help your body defend itself against allergies?
It should be noted that the fluff of the poplars provokes allergic not so often. However, it collects the pollen of flowering plants and carries it to a fairly large distances. Into the respiratory tract and eyes, sticking to the skin, pollen and Cottonwood fluff in many people they provoke a severe allergic reaction.
According to statistics, in our days Allergy to poplar fluff suffers as much as 30% of Ukrainians!
Poplar fluff along with plant pollen may cause a variety of allergic reactions. Getting into the eye and the respiratory tract, most often it leads to allergic rhinitis and allergic conjunctivitis. Nasal congestion, runny nose, frequent sneezing, itching and watery eyes are the main signs of these diseases.
In addition, poplar fluff often causes an allergic cough, and people suffering from bronchial asthma, can lead to worsening of the disease.
Sticking to the skin, fluff often cause skin manifestations of Allergy: redness, itching, various rashes on the body and atopic dermatitis.
Prevention of Allergy
The main point in the prevention and treatment of Allergy to poplar fluff – try as much as possible, limit your contact with the allergen. At the time of flowering of poplars is an ideal solution may be to move to an area where there are no plants or where they have finished flowering.
But if this is not possible, to take such measures:
– as little as possible need to go outside, especially in hot, dry and windy weather. In those days, flying in the air most of the fluff.
– let the getting fluff of the poplars in the room where you are. For this window open as little as possible and hang them on the damp cheesecloth or mosquito net.
– how often do wet cleaning.
– coming home from the street, wash and rinse the nose, and even better – take a shower.
– change frequently and thoroughly wash linens and your clothes. When washing use hypoallergenic detergents.
– buy salt lamps: salt ions clean the air. This will also help the irradiators bactericidal.
Medication Allergy to poplar fluff implies the use of antihistamines. They are appointed only the doctor.
If a bad cold will help the medical aspirator that is designed for suction of mucus, sputum in home conditions.
Effective remedy is the intake of herbal remedies that strengthen the immune system and increase the body’s resistance. These include the “Trysil”, “Golden Mustache”, “Immunostim”, “Cat’s claw” and other phytocomplexes. A “Pectasol”, in addition, will cleanse the body of toxins and radionuclides. However, before using herbal remedies consult your doctor.
It is also very important to adhere to a hypoallergenic diet at the time of flowering of poplars, even if you are not allergic to any foods. After all, some foods can increase allergic reactions.