To help your child through a difficult period of life, when teething can. You need to know about the main symptoms that accompany teething. As well as tips to help relieve the child’s condition.
The main symptoms of teething
Despite the fact that every child is unique and develops in their own way, there are some common symptoms that accompany the appearance of the teeth. The beginning of the process accompanied by:
- Sudden increase in body temperature. If the temperature rises to more than 39 degrees, you need to consult a doctor. Since such a significant jump in temperature may be indicative of other diseases. In this case you need to use antipyretic drugs, which should appoint only the doctor.
- The redness and swelling clear. Not often the parents may notice changes in your baby’s mouth, so it is desirable that the inspection was conducted by the expert;
- Copious saliva. This is normal for this period process;
- Wet cough. A large number of secreted saliva enters the larynx, causing cough;
- Runny nose. Also appears due to large amounts of saliva. It is usually not very intense and takes place in 3-4 days;
- Diarrhea. Is also a consequence of the large amount of saliva. The frequency of bowel movements is not as large, high – 2-3 times a day.
- Nausea. Very similar to the usual baby regurgitation.
- The desire of the baby to chew and bite items. He pulls to his mouth toys, etc. more than usual.
- Loss of appetite and restless sleep. This is the result of General poor health.
Also some children suffer from aggravation of the symptom of diathesis. You may receive other individual symptoms. But parents need to remember that if during the period of teething symptoms are very intense, you need to consult a doctor. Because the background of this process may develop a cold or other more severe disease.
How can we help the kid?
It is natural that parents want to help your child through this difficult period and get a little to alleviate the symptoms. But in their desire, they often make mistakes. To make life easier for the child, follow these guidelines:
- If the child is breastfeeding, in this period, it is not necessary to limit it to the amount of feeding. Frequent contact with mother’s chest will allow your child to feel calm and confident. And will also normalize the digestive process and reduce the level of unpleasant symptoms.
- To reduce discomfort in the area is clear, you can give the baby a special device. It is made from safe material, has a relief surface that provides a massage surface is clear. If such a device there, you can massage the baby clear. Use a sterile bandage or gauze, which is moistened with boiled water or decoction of chamomile.
- Should not use their own medicines. In the case of elevated body temperature to assign medication can only be a doctor.
- Should adhere to the enhanced methods of oral hygiene. As the integrity of the tissue is disrupted and bacteria that exist in the oral cavity, can penetrate into the body.
In order not to allow bacteria to develop and bring negative effects, you can use special medicinal hygiene tools, such as specially designed for kids toothpaste gel.
Adhering to these recommendations, you will be able to make life easier for yourself and your child.