Bees, ants, mosquitoes and other insects is an integral part of the summer. To your camping or walk in the Park was marred by a swollen after the attack of insects arms and legs or face, it is better to think in advance how to protect themselves from them. Because insect bites can be not just unpleasant skin allergic reaction, and respiratory arrest. So before the camping trip, especially with young children, it is important to arm yourself with special tools from insects. But if you have already bitten, you know how to do that.
Who and what attracts insects
Most often an allergic reaction occurs when the bite of bees, wasps, ants, rarely mosquitoes. If mosquitoes feed on human blood, bees, wasps, ants, etc. can attack human if they feel threatened when approaching the nest insects. Therefore, to have a picnic near the ant hill or next to a wasp nest was a bad idea: carefully inspect the place to stay. If you have a sweet food, fruit, salted fish, carefully pack them. The smells of these products attract insects.
There are types of ants that may attack sleeping people, crawl into ears and nose. Therefore, when you are camping watch out for the sleeping kids and go to take a NAP on the grass, taking a “chest” more measures. In the thick grass can be centipedes, spiders, ticks. Ticks are especially dangerous, so after returning home, you should carefully inspect each other. Stuck tick better not to remove. And to go to the emergency room.
How does the human body on an insect bite
After the bite of an insect can be varied reaction. If the person is allergic, the reaction will be stronger. It is important to know to understand how to proceed by the bite of insects. There are three main types of reaction to an insect bite:
- the usual type of reaction: redness and light swelling around the bite, itching and swelling, slight soreness
- the increased local reaction type: puffiness and swelling occurs in a large area of skin
- acute reaction type: Allergy, up to suffocation and anaphylactic shock. Nausea, shortness of breath, vomiting, loss of voice, shock, falling blood pressure, a person loses consciousness. In this case, you need to be hospitalized.
What to do for insect bites
To avoid infection wounds by the bite of the insect and to reduce the negative effects, you must:
- the bite gently wash with warm water and soap, the wound not comb, do not RUB
- if the bite was in the hand, remove all rings
- when a bee sting should remove the stinger: you need to pry it off with your fingernail or a sharp object. Push and squeeze the skin at the site of the bee sting is not, it will lead to more intensive penetration of the venom into the skin. After removing the sting of the wound is washed with soap and water and treated with antiseptic
- swelling at the bite location you can remove the cold compress, the ice – just don’t apply ice on bare skin! Then apply a soothing agent, apply a sterile dry dressing or to seal the wound bactericidal plaster.
Going on nature check content of car first aid kit and bring a means of deterring insects. Now enough of the drugs that can be applied to the skin children including. Don’t forget to bring bandages, band-AIDS, hydrogen peroxide, chlorexidine or “banal” Zelenka for the treatment of wounds. Try not to provoke insects: it is not necessary to wield a stick in the anthill, to go into a hornet’s nest or catch hands in the grass beetles.