Schizophrenia is a mental disorder or group of mental disorders in which there is a disorder of thought processes and emotional reactions. The disease is characterized by inadequate perception of the surrounding world, often manifested by auditory hallucinations and paranoid States. According to the world health organization in the world today 1% of the population suffers from schizophrenia. A schizophrenic in the family is a hard experience for all its members.
What causes schizophrenia?
The exact causes of schizophrenia today doctors and scientists are unaware of. Now there are 3 leading hypotheses, which tend those or other experts.
- Genetic hypothesis. Many researchers of this disease claim that this disorder is hereditary, and the risk of becoming schizophrenic increases dramatically if a close relative has suffered or is suffering from this disease. However, it should be understood that it is not only in the genes, because the starting mechanism of schizophrenia is a strong stress, other serious illness or chronically unhealthy atmosphere in the family. Therefore, the relative with schizophrenia may tell the other members of the family your fears, to impose behaviors. For these reasons, schizophrenia occurs more often in families of other shizophrenics, and completely to blame hereditary factor can not be here. It is better to limit the communication of children and adolescents patients with this disorder for their mental health in the future.
- The biological hypothesis. Schizophrenia often begins to manifest itself at the age of 15 to 25 years, from the point of view of biology it adolescence is the period of perestroika brain structures. Some neural connections arise, others disappear. It is the failures in these processes some experts and explain the origin of schizophrenia.
- The psychoanalytic hypothesis. Some psychoanalysts argue that schizophrenia-prone people who are unconscious perceive themselves as part of the maternal body. It is difficult for them to exercise autonomy in difficult situations, whether it be an exam, loss of a loved one, divorce and the like. It’s all stress, which can provoke the onset of disease. Of course, this is also just a theory.
Some researchers trigger of schizophrenia is called drug use, even soft, like marijuana. They can accelerate disease development, to influence the frequency and severity of relapses, reduce the barrier between the conscious and subconscious mind that provokes the emergence of this mental disorder.
The symptoms of schizophrenia
As already noted, the first signs of schizophrenia usually occur at the age of 15-25 years, although this is not an axiom. These include:
- inability to work independently;
- difficulties in socialization, communication with other people;
- sudden mood swings.
The next stage is the appearance of hallucinations, delusions and speech disorders.
The patient complains of paintings that arise in his mind and become reality, vision, voice, connectivity it flowlan the Vistula is strongly violated. The schizophrenic deals with imaginary characters about the alleged situations and could not explain clearly what was happening to him. Sometimes patients invent new words, the meaning of which nobody but them is unclear.
How to deal with schizophrenia?
The schizophrenic is not usually dangerous to others, but for myself – Yes. However, in moments of acute crisis, the patient can’t control, can confuse the man with some of the characters in his visions, therefore, may be recommended hospitalization. Schizophrenics are prone to suicide.
Methods of treatment of schizophrenia are improving all the time. It is comprehensive measures, which include medication and psychotherapy. Now the doctors don’t know how to cure schizophrenia, but you can learn to manage it. Patients are able to begin to understand their problem, and modern methods of rehabilitation and psychotherapy allow you to achieve long-term remission during which the person is absolutely normal, ordinary member of the society.
It should be noted that according to statistics, 25% of patients who were diagnosed with schizophrenia, fully stabiliziruemost and return to normal life.
Therefore, people who have in your family sizofrenik, has all the chances not to get sick on this disease. Very important is the psychological climate in its environment, because schizophrenia causes severe stress and unhealthy in terms of moral atmosphere in the environment. Therefore it is not necessary to dwell on probabilities, just live it and enjoy it. Even if the disease is caught, you need to understand that the level of today’s medicine allows you to keep it under control.