Stomach cancer – cancer is a disease provoked by the emergence and growth of epithelial cells of the stomach mucosa malignant tumor. The tumor may arise in different parts of the stomach. Why do I get this disease, what its symptoms are, and whether there are preventive methods to prevent disease?
Risk factors of stomach cancer
The causes of cancer are still unknown until the end of medical science, but doctors point out the risk factors that can contribute to cancer, particularly stomach cancer.
So, stomach cancer usually develops from the existence of such factors:
- Hereditary predisposition to this cancer.
- Improper diet: excessive consumption of spicy, smoked, pickled, fried, canned, fatty foods.
- The presence of chronic diseases of the stomach: gastritis, ulcers, polyps.
- Surgery on the stomach.
- The presence in the stomach bacteria Helicobacter Pylori, which is considered a carcinogen.
- Work in hazardous industries, in particular Nickel and asbestos.
- Immunodeficiency provoked by HIV/AIDS.
- The alcohol and Smoking.
Doctors say that in a perfectly healthy stomach cancer almost never develops. It is usually preceded by a precancerous condition, which can last 10-20 years and is caused by various diseases. Most often it is chronic gastritis with low acidity, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcers, polyps in the stomach. Therefore, in the presence of these diseases people should be very careful to control your condition, to undergo preventive courses of treatment and diagnosis.
The symptoms of stomach cancer
At the first stage of the disease when the tumor is small, the patient often does not feel any symptoms. Signs of stomach cancer manifested, along with the growth of tumors and are as follows:
- poor appetite;
- abrupt change in food preferences;
- minor but chronic increase in body temperature (up to 38°C);
- the reduction of hemoglobin in the blood;
- heaviness in the abdomen, nausea or even vomiting after food, fast saturability;
- diarrhea, constipation;
- pain in the upper abdomen (gives back in the case of the spread of the tumor on the pancreas);
- the increase in size of the abdomen;
- strong weight loss;
- signs of gastrointestinal bleeding in the destruction of tumor vessels: liquid black stool, dark blood in the vomit.
Gastric cancer characterized by early metastases, which most often affect the liver, lymph nodes and pancreas, however, may suffer and other organs. In the presence of metastases treatment is rarely successful.
Treatment and prevention of stomach cancer
The sooner you select this disappointing diagnosis, the higher the chances of a person to be saved. To detect cancer of the stomach using gastroscopy, x-rays of the digestive tract, ultrasound examination of abdominal cavity.
In most cases, cancer of the stomach treated surgically. If the tumor is still very small, only remove it, but, as a rule, will be removed, and the entire stomach or part of it. So the operation is difficult and traumatic for the patient, it involves heavy and prolonged postoperative period. Together with the surgical methods of treatment using chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Prevention of gastric cancer exist. First, it is attentive to their health, if the patient has gastritis, ulcers or polyps in the stomach, periodic passage of the necessary diagnostic procedures. Second, increased attention to their health, if the person has blood relatives suffering from cancer of the stomach. Thirdly, proper, balanced, healthy diet and avoiding harmful habits.
Although stomach cancer is developing quite quickly, a precancerous condition can last for many years. Therefore, subject to the timely diagnosis and treatment of this disease can be successfully avoided. Be attentive to yourself and your health.