Hundreds of thousands of Ukrainian schoolchildren and students will soon begin to pass the exams. Despite the fact that many parents have hired Tutors and the children themselves were preparing hard for the upcoming state final attestation and external independent assessment, stressful situations and the anxiety grows as you approach exams. How to survive exams and tests with a minimum of mental and physical disorders for both children and parents? Let us heed the advice of psychologists.
How academic stress affects the body
From nervous tension before exams can be problems with serdechnososudistye system and immunity, say doctors. If your son or daughter, in addition to enhanced preparation and ongoing experiences love to drink an extra Cup of coffee, a habit fraught with high blood pressure. In the future could lead to the development of hypertension even at a young age.
In the period of examination sessions and during the tests of the students, students and students, increases the heart rate, “jumps” blood pressure, increases the level of muscle tension. Together with children grab his head and heart drops and their parents trying to help their children, but instead providing a “disservice”.
What not to do for parents and students
The most typical parental mistake is Hyper when the child or young person, the conditions depend on adults. The imposition of standards, promotion of competition with classmates and classmates do more harm than good, psychologists say. This parental support is support and the focus on abilities and capabilities of their own child, not comparing him with other children.
How to help your child to pass exams and less time worrying
- So that the tests and exams have become less stressful for parents and children, the first one should have complete information about the upcoming test. What kind of tests will take the child, when, where – all it’s important to know that the upcoming exams e created a sense of uncertainty. It is important to have time to properly allocate time to prepare and rest. Parents in this period should be more restrained in showing his emotions:
- trust your baby, not berate him
- ask what will help him better prepare. Some children are better able to absorb information to the music, so if your child prepares assignments with the included player, do not rush to reproach him for carelessness
- if your child is still quite small (preparing for the transfer tests from primary to secondary school), or asks for help in preparing for the state final certification, then plan the training together.
Prepare a training plan together and do not skimp on words of support
Parents and children are advised by psychologists together to discuss and plan the preparation for exams and to consider which material you want to repeat again. If your child “lark”, the preparation time is a day, and if the “owl” – that evening. During this difficult period, children should have a good rest and sleep. The day before the exam you should not attempt to make up for lost moments, on the contrary – give the child opportunity to rest and relax. Agree in advance that the night before the exam, he needs to go to bed on time.
Don’t blame the child for past mistakes, instead, cheer him, tell him everybody makes mistakes and analyze them, to avoid future. Do not demonstrate fear and uncertainty, pride for their child and confidence in his power, not generate an atmosphere of panic and fear in the house. To support your son or daughter not only with words, but a smile, touch, care – extra offer baby tea, don’t force it at this time to perform their household duties in full, etc.
If you can’t get hold of himself or the child worries too much, it is easy to go through and pass exams will help psychological assistance to assigned specialist or drugs phytocomplex. To support the child, often try and sincerely speak to him words of encouragement:
- I’m sure you’ll do fine
- you’re doing great
- I wouldn’t worry – you will cope etc.