Hypertension is the most common chronic disease in adults associated with a persistent increase in blood pressure. Yet it is called hypertension. High blood pressure one of the three risk factors of coronary heart disease and other cardiovascular diseases, renal dysfunction, so deal with it and control it a must.
Causes and symptoms of hypertension
For certain causes of hypertension doctors do not know, but there are factors that affect blood pressure. These include:
- the age of the person: over time, walls of large arteries become less elastic due to increased vascular resistance to blood flow and increases pressure;
- hereditary factor;
- the abuse of alcohol;
- improper diet;
- lack of physical activity;
- congenital heart disease;
- late toxicosis during pregnancy.
symptoms of hypertension include:
- poor health;
- the emergence of “flies” before eyes;
Often hypertension has no symptoms and is found incidentally, during the measurement of blood pressure.
What is dangerous hypertension?
Hypertension can cause such a threat to life and health, diseases and conditions, such as:
- heart attack;
- blurred vision;
- heart failure;
- renal failure.
How to deal with hypertension?
The world health organization considers normal blood pressure to such limits: the upper indices from 110 to 140 mm Hg. article, lower, from 70 to 90 mm Hg. art is the Most optimal for a healthy adult is 120/80 pressure. To fight hypertension, you should:
- To get rid of excess weight.
- Sports: do morning exercises, run, swim, ride a Bicycle and the like.
- To consume the correct food. It should not be too salty, fatty, you should eat less canned food, semi-fast food. Preference is given to vegetables and fruits.
- To limit the use of alcohol.
- Quit Smoking, if this habit of eating.
- Taking medication for hypertension strictly on prescription.
- To consult regularly with your doctor about your disease and its course.
The role of the physician in the diagnosis and treatment of hypertension is significant. It needs to understand what can cause chronically high blood pressure: check heart, kidneys, condition of the fundus, and so on. Sometimes the patient need to be hospitalized to carry out the necessary research and selection of optimal therapy.
Prevention of hypertension should periodically measure your blood pressure, especially if blood relatives have problems with it. You also need to give up Smoking, abuse of alcohol, eat right and lead a healthy lifestyle. Should try to avoid stress, watch your weight. And then problems with blood pressure would go back in time or doesn’t appear at all.