Pollen Allergy – hay fever, unpleasant for many attribute the long-awaited spring. This disease is also called hay fever or spring Qatar. However, how would this allergic reaction is not named, it greatly spoils the quality of life: stuffy nose, headaches, runny nose… to Reduce the effects of allergens on the body will help you not only correctly picked up by the physician antihistamine, but diet, some correction is a familiar way of life.
How does seasonal hay fever
If you are allergic to flowering plants respond the mucous membrane of the nose, eyes, respiratory tract. The symptoms of hay fever:
- itching and nasal congestion
- runny nose: nasal discharge liquid and transparent
- the feeling of “sand” in eyes, lacrimation
The human reaction to an allergen happens after he goes outside, and the house comes relief. Allergic reaction to pollen is particularly strong symptoms of hay fever in dry and windy weather. While in the rain or after it allergies feel much better.
What factors influence the development of seasonal allergies
The most important factor is heredity. If a person in the family has allergies, then the chances of the disease pollinosis. In conjunction with a number of internal and external factors an allergic reaction to the flowering of plants may be more or less pronounced. To cause disease can:
- disorders in the liver
- helminths and the presence of pathogens in the gut
- the constant use of sweet flour, dairy products. This food makes the mucous membranes more sensitive to various allergens
- poor cleanliness in rooms: dust, poor ventilation of the apartment, a rare wet cleaning, inadequate ventilation, too dry or humid air, mold, animal dander
- cold in the season of flowering plants.
Why is it important to treat seasonal hay fever
Hay fever can annoy the person since April, when it starts an allergic reaction to the flowering trees and in September for summer blooming meadow and weeds. Therefore, the manifestation of Allergy symptoms in this period need to be examined by a specialist and to find medication that will ease the condition. Relation to hay fever “self-will” is extremely wrong because a constant exposure to allergens in the mucous membranes of the nasopharynx can cause the accession of infection and disease with bronchitis, sinusitis, pneumonia etc.
Untreated hay fever can result in allergic rhinitis and bronchial asthma. Therefore, people with allergies, it is important to start taking antihistamines before the start of the season flowering plants during the season – here, the doctor will prescribe medications that relieve the allergic reaction. After the season of pollinosis specialist can offer re-diagnosis and treatment therapy of small doses of allergens to make the body a strong immunity to them.
Prevention of seasonal hay fever: how to reduce impact of allergen
As noted by allergists, seasonal pollinosis has become much “younger”, so it is important to take preventive measures for expectant mothers. In the last stages of pregnancy a woman should not eat a lot of starchy foods, sweets, dairy, citrus and foods containing food colorings and preservatives. The same applies to consumed large quantities of milk or “milk” supposedly to enhance lactation: this is a common mistake, which is to formulate breast milk may not cause, and to the development of allergies in children – causes. Also it is not necessary to give a child, especially under 3 years, sweets and flour products. At the first sign of Allergy symptoms, dry skin, rashes on the cheeks, urgently need to see an allergist.
Adults to reduce the effects of hay fever on the body will help:
- limitation of stay on the street in the morning and in dry hot weather, refraining from Hiking and picnicking in the flowering period of the allergen
- wearing sun glasses to avoid getting pollen in my eyes
- washing out the nose with a special spray after returning from the street and taking a shower
- avoiding the use of detergents, cosmetics containing pollen and plant extracts
- diet: during the period of seasonal hay fever exclude from the diet of honey, products containing food dyes and various additives, various condiments and sauces, including mayonnaise, mustard, products from yeast dough, sweets, citrus fruits, smoked meats and pickles, eggs, milk.