Yoga is a complex discipline that involves a deep philosophy, the restructuring of consciousness, various techniques of meditation, breathing, circulation to the heart of man. In yoga, a special combination of static and dynamic exercise involves almost all muscle groups. The main goal of yoga is to learn to manage themselves and their body.
Today yoga is very popular in the world, particularly in Ukraine, but often her teachers and students forget that it should be integrated in practice: physical and spiritual. Now often comes to the fore purely a system of exercise and spiritual component is lost, that is fundamentally wrong. You should also understand that yoga is quite responsibly, despite the obvious benefit to the body of the practice, after a certain ignorance of it can significantly harm a person.
The benefits of yoga for human health
About the psychological benefits of proper yoga can not even speak: it makes a person more balanced, calm, teaches us to love and understand yourself and your body. As for the yoga system of physical exercises and breathing practices, it can be very helpful.
Breathing during yoga it is necessary smoothly, involving the abdominal muscles, the diaphragm, the different groups of respiratory muscles. During exercise, the regulation of relations in the body of carbon dioxide and oxygen, is a positive effect on the nervous system and the brain.
Yoga involves a meditative state, to perform the exercises should quietly, slowly, most focusing on specific actions. What are the health properties of yoga? First of all, it
- The ability to control and feel your body to fight stress.
- The normalization of blood pressure and strengthening the cardiovascular system.
- The development of muscle elasticity, skin elasticity, correct posture.
- Normalization of metabolism, getting rid of excess weight.
- Strengthening the immune system.
- Improve sleep.
- Normalization of the hormonal system.
In addition, be aware that serious yoga eliminates bad habits, such as Smoking, alcoholism, use of drugs, which also have extremely positive effect on human health. Also a lot of attention yogis pay to their food: only eats healthy foods.
Possible harm yoga
Yoga, like everything else in life, requires a correct and reasonable approach. Do not give large load nadhaswaram the body to do no harm. Also in yoga there are certain contraindications for health reasons. This:
- Acute diseases of internal organs (appendicitis, exacerbation of pancreatitis and the like).
- Defects and other heart diseases.
- Diseases of the blood.
- The first six months after a heart attack or stroke.
- The first 3 months after any surgery.
- High blood pressure.
- The presence of inguinal hernias.
- Infectious lesions of the joints.
- The presence of intervertebral hernia and displacement of the vertebrae.
- Infection of spinal cord and brain.
- Feeling unwell due to flu, SARS and the like.
- Mental disorder.
- The second and third trimester of pregnancy and first 3 months after birth (there is a special yoga for pregnant women, but it, too, must be treated with caution, carefully choosing teachers and controlling the load).
- It is not advisable to practice yoga for women during menstruation.
If you have at least minimal health problems, it is better to consult your doctor regarding the appropriateness of yoga.
It should be remembered that yoga should bring moral and physical fun and relief, not discomfort or injury. Independently perform yoga exercises beginner is strictly prohibited, because you can damage the ligaments, the joints, stretch muscles, even damage the spine. Yoga is not gymnastics, it is a system of physical and spiritual practices, which has existed for several thousand years. It can bring enormous benefits to the person, if to do it correctly and carefully.