Cardiovascular diseases occupy the first place in the world for causes of death. About it according to statistics of the world health organization. This sad fact is confirmed by a huge number of strokes, which often occur not only in elderly but also in young, apparently very healthy people. So the first signs of a stroke are required to know everything to be able to timely call the doctor and provide proper first aid.
What is a stroke? What are its types?
Stroke is called a pathological condition that develops due to acute circulatory disorders of brain neurons. It is of two types:
- Ischemic stroke – occurs as a result of blockage of an arterial vessel.
- Hemorrhagic stroke – occurs due to rupture of blood vessels.
Stroke is accompanied by the development of cerebral or focal neurological symptoms. Its consequences include paralysis, speech disorders, loss of coordination, and the like.
Symptoms of a stroke
Suspect stroke in humans by the following criteria:
- Pronounced strong and sudden headache.
- Pain in the face.
- Weakness of facial muscles.
- Visual disturbances up to blindness.
- Hearing loss, feeling of stuffiness in the ears.
- Sudden attack of vomiting.
- Dizziness, loss of coordination, falling during the movement, unsteady gait.
- Brief loss of consciousness with the subsequent development of speech disorders.
- Paralysis of the limbs, face, tongue, impaired swallowing function.
- Disorders of memory.
- Loss of consciousness with a clear change in facial expression on the affected side and respiratory distress (it gets noisy, intermittent).
If any of these symptoms manifest, it is necessary to urgently do 2 things:
- to call an ambulance;
- to provide the patient emergency care at home, while the ambulance is in transit.
First aid measures in stroke in the home
So brain damage was as minimal as possible, and the man waited for the ambulance, you should do the following:
- To normalize the breathing of the patient. To do this, put the person on a flat horizontal surface, turning her head to the side. This will free up his Airways of mucus, phlegm or vomit. It is also necessary to clean the oral cavity from foreign objects by using a clean handkerchief to remove dentures that can be removed. Furthermore, it should be removed from the patient’s cravat, a cravat, unbutton the shirt and open the window or the window to provide a receipt to the person of fresh air.
- To raise the patient’s head and the upper part of his torso at 25-30 cm This should be done for the sake of prevention of development and progression of brain edema.
- To prevent unwanted consequences by the court. This is necessary to prevent biting tongue, gently inserting between the teeth a thick cloth. You should also remove all items on that person during an attack can hit his head.
- Sometimes it happens that the result of a stroke a person may be in cardiac arrest. Then you should be able to carry out emergency CPR: chest compressions and artificial respiration.
And most importantly – easy to wait until the doctors who make a diagnosis, provide first aid and take the patient to the hospital. The strokes are different, and their impact can be both minor and quite heavy. A key role is played by time: if the time to notice something was wrong, quickly call for medical assistance and to ensure patient rest while waiting for the ambulance, the chances of recovery are much higher.