For most people, peanuts is a very safe product, however for some it causes very strong and dangerous allergic reaction. About the symptoms of peanut Allergy and the first aid to the patient should know to avoid fatal consequences for health and even human life.
Symptoms of peanut Allergy
The first signs of peanut Allergy can be felt immediately after hitting the allergen into the body, or in a few hours. So you can not lose vigilance in this matter. For different people the severity of allergic reactions is different. Signs of peanut Allergy include the following:
- itching and skin rashes;
- a feeling of stuffiness in the nose, copious clear discharge from the nose, sneezing;
- lacrimation, redness of the eyes, symptoms of conjunctivitis;
- itching and burning in the mouth and throat;
- numbness and increase the size of the tongue, swelling of the palate;
- swelling of the mucous membrane of the mouth;
- pain in the abdomen;
- diarrhea or constipation;
A peanut Allergy is considered one of the most dangerous of food allergies and can provoke anaphylactic shock. It can occur immediately after consumption of the product or in a few hours. It all starts with the itching and burning sensation in the mouth and throat, then the person may begin to tear, she turns red and itchy skin, it becomes a strong precipitation in the form of blisters. A person develops angioedema on the lips, cheeks, eyelids or mouth, these parts of the face is much larger in size. If the swelling goes on the mucosa of the larynx, the person becomes very difficult to breathe, which can lead to coma or even death.
A peanut Allergy is diagnosed through a special skin tests, blood tests. If the Allergy is established, and cases of allergic reaction have already been, you should be extremely careful with food.
What to do if allergic reaction to peanuts manifested?
The reaction to the allergen may be different. If it is minor, will help ordinary antihistamine drug. If the reaction is more serious, you should quickly seek medical attention and strictly follow medical instructions. If has already had an allergic reaction, which showed signs of anaphylactic shock, a person always has to be a dose of epinephrine (adrenaline). After the adoption antyalergiczne of the drug to the patient it is necessary to inject epinephrine and immediately call an ambulance. Of course, such treatment is not assigned independently, it can be used only on the instruction of the doctor. It should be remembered that the symptoms of anaphylactic shock may be resumed after a few hours, so people in this period must be under the supervision of medical staff.
Tips for those who have a peanut Allergy
If the peanut Allergy is confirmed, you should follow these recommendations:
interested in the ingredients in the food establishments (cafes, restaurants). To know does not cook in peanut oil.
- Inform all who may that are allergic to peanuts, and explain to the people what to do in case of an emergency allergic reactions. If the Allergy is, the child, all caregivers, teachers, friends need to know what to do in case of worst scenario.
- Wear a special bracelet, which will indicate that the person is allergic to peanuts. This will help to provide the proper medical care. It can be bought over the Internet.
- Always carry your epinephrine injection, to be able to do it.
- Always carry antihistamine drug.
A peanut Allergy can have serious consequences. So you need to know the symptoms and understand how to deal with allergic reaction.